.
News Alert
Tips Lead Brick PD to Arrest Township Man for…

Per-Pupil Costs in Brick Trail State Average

School report cards now out

State data on school districts released late last week shows Brick trailed the state average in per-pupil costs.

For the 2010-11 school year, the year for which data was recently released, Brick spent a total of $14,733 per student, about $3,000 below the state average of $17,469.

The total cost per pupil includes services such as transportation, as well as the cost of private school tuition for special education students and certain facilities costs that were not included in state "report cards" released in previous years. This year's report card recalculated previous annual data based on the new standards.

Teacher salaries and benefits added up to a lower percentage of the total budget last year, at 53 percent, down from 59 percent in the two years prior. The state average is 57 percent.

Administrative salaries and benefits last year totaled 8 percent of the budget, short 1 percent of the state average of 9 percent. The 8 percent figure has now held steady for the previous three school years.

Local taxpayers funded 67 percent of the school district's costs through property taxes, higher than the state average of 52 percent, while the state funded 29 percent of the school budget. Federal aid accounted for 5 percent of the total. Generally, the local tapayers' share of district costs rises as state aid drops under the state's school funding formula.

Faculty members, on average, earned $58,250 in Brick last year, up from $54,830 the year before, but less than the state average of $63,851. Administrators earned $119,791 on average last year, on par with the state's average administrator salary of $119,491. Administrator salaries rose from an average of $115,123 the prior year, and $110,843 during the 2008-09 school year.

MomofBrick3 June 08, 2012 at 03:08 AM
JD I vote every year.... however I do find it harder & harder every year, to defend why I DO vote ... My taxes go up every year & services for the kids get cut, & the schools are in worse condition then ever... & Adms, Supers pay get high & more demand on the teachers that are with our kids sometimes longer then we are ( & they also have been getting cuts & have to BEG of minl. raises) I think MORE People would vote if they had a say in where & how the funds where being spent, YES windmills are great, but lets get the HSat least out of substandard condition before thinking windmills. Should be needs over wants, NOT the other way around.
clamdigger June 08, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Neptune has the pool; http://www.neptune.k12.nj.us/11361031823290583/site/default.asp http://www.neptune.k12.nj.us/11361031823290583/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=53931 http://www.reedconstructiondata.com/building-types/senior-high-schools/new-jersey/projects/1000617594/ http://www.njsda.gov/Business/CV/Projects/Projects_results3.asp?sec=&ContractID=ET-0015-M02&ProjectPackage=ET-0015
clamdigger June 08, 2012 at 11:58 AM
84% of your tax bill goes toward the BOE ($0.84 cents of every dollar) about 83% of the BOE budget goes toward payroll ($0.83 cents of every dollar) so that leaves about 17% ($0.17 cents) of the BOE budget for everything else. there are 12 schools in the Twp. so let's say each school gets 1% (total 12%) that now leaves 5% left of the BOE budget for whatever else.
be blessed for what you have June 08, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Good Point, But let be honest ,education is what YOU ( as the student) put into it. Though Brick is a lower to average income community the kids seem to very very spoiled & have a entitlement outlook on life.... Yes of course we do not want to live that way, But there are many school in other counties that are HUTS, Never mind not having AC its 90-100Degress every day, the classrooms are packed becaues the children want to learn & realize how importent a Education is & take every bit of information that they can.... Some inner City people that I know, that grew up in really tough areas with every disadvantage possible, seem to be some of the smartest people I know & can handle any situcation that comes there way " make the best of what ya got" & stop crying wining & raising a bunch of intitled wimpy kids...
DennyD June 08, 2012 at 01:17 PM
You seem to be very much on edge. Chastising people you do not even know. Making assumptions and stereotyping people. How about sitting back this week-end and chilling out a little? This one's for you! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU Get through the commercials and D W B H!!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »