Information from Brick Township OEM and other local agencies:
- Brick Township schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Vehicles other than emergency and essential official vehicles must be off the road by 11 p.m. Sunday night, and stay off until the local state of emergency order is lifted.
- Barrier island residents should have evacuated by 12 noon Sunday.
- The Mantoloking Bridge is closed to eastbound traffic and is blocked by a barricade as well as a police officer.
- If you need to move your car to higher ground, Emma Havens Young and Drum Point School parking lots are open. If they get filled, other school parking lots will be used.
- Those with police, fire and first aid emergencies should call 9-1-1.
- The Brick Township Storm Call Center can be reached at 732 262 1234.
Current shelters open to Brick residents:
- Toms River North HS at the Pine Belt Arena shelter is now at capacity (updated 9:48 p.m., Oct. 28).
- Southern Regional HS, Cedar Bridge Rd. and Route 9, Manahawkin (no animals).
- Pinelands Regional Middle School, Nugentown Rd., Little Egg Harbor (animal friendly).
- An additional animal friendly shelter is expected to be opened at the Russell O. Brackman Middle School in Barnegat Township.