.

Fireplace Ruled Preliminary Cause of Ramtown House Fire

No reported injuries as family gets out safely

No injuries were reported in a house fire on Pine Cone Lane in the Ramtown section of town Sunday morning.

The Ramtown Fire Department responded to the fire just before 7 a.m. Upon arrival all residents, including Kevin Lotosky, 54, and a group of juveniles, had gotten out of the house without injury, according to Howell Township Police Officer John Barroqueiro Jr.

The fire, which was located on the second floor of a two-story residential house, was extinguished in a relatively short period of time, according to Barroqueiro.

The preliminary cause was the homeowner improperly installed a ventless gas fireplace, Barroqueiro said. The fire is still under investigation by the Howell Township Fire Bureau.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »