The Ocean City Police Department will enforce a zero-tolerance "Safe for the Holidays" campaign now through the 2012-2013 holiday season.
The campaign is designed to increase traffic safety awareness through directed enforcement efforts, according to Ocean City Police Capt. Steven Ang.
Beginning the week of Nov. 26, the department will select an area of focus for each week.
"By designating a particular issue each week, it is our hope that the local community members will become more aware of all traffic laws and choose to participate by compliance, making Ocean City safer," Ang said.
The following is a list of violations that will be strictly enforced with zero tolerance during this period:
- Week of Nov 26: Speeding with special attention in area of Bay Avenue between 18th and 34th streets.
- Week of Dec. 3: Cell phone use (distracted driving)
- Week of Dec 10: Equipment and inspection violations
- Week of Dec 17: Wearing seatbelts/child restraints laws
- Week of Dec 24: Careless driving/following too close
- Week of Jan. 3: Speeding