The Brick Township Police Benevolent Association Local 230 has given awards to citizens, business and fellow officers with a special focus on those who helped the town following Superstorm Sandy.
For "outstanding performance and sacrifice" during the storm, the PBA honored:
- The Brick Township Department of Public Works
- Glenn Campbell, Supervisor of Public Works
- Trish Totara, Public Works
- Joseph Pawlowicz, Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator
- Hamilton PBA Local 66
"In appreciation for their generous contributions during Super Storm Sandy," the following establishments were recognized:
- Brick House Bar and Grille
- Costco Wholesale
- VFW Post 8867
- Quaker Steak & Lube
- Switlick Parachute Co. Inc.
- Local Smoke BBQ
- T.G.I. Friday’s
- Home Depot
- Shop Rite
- Stop & Shop
- A & P
"In recognition for their leadership and service to the citizens of Brick Township during Super Storm Sandy recovery operations," the PBA honored:
- Captain DW Janszky, Army National Guard
- Lieutenant Colonel Brian Griefer, NJ Air National Guard
- Lieutenant Colonel Bill Aristizabal, NJ Air National Guard
Two other notable awards were issued: Police Officer of the Year and the Lieutenant Thomas McNelis Award.
Patrolman Keith Donnelly was named Officer of the Year, for "professionalism, good moral character, integrity, a positive self-motivated demeanor and respect for his peers." The officer of the year "exemplifies high standards."
Finally, the Lt. Thomas McNelis Award was awarded this year to Lt. Edward Waldhelm.
The McNelis award is given to an officer in a supervisory or specialty role within the department who has been active and who has impacted the PBA throughout the year.