Representatives from FEMA mitigation teams will be on hand at the Brick Home Depot store – as well as several other local locations – to answer questions from local residents on rebuilding after Superstorm Sandy.
"Specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property," FEMA said in an e-mail to Brick Patch.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
- Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
The presentations will take place at the following locations, each day, Monday, Jan. 28, to Saturday, Feb. 2, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Home Depot: 1722 Route 88, Brick, NJ 08724
- Home Depot, 1900 Shorrock St., Lakewood, NJ 08701
- Home Depot, 197 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Home Depot, 3540 State Route 66, Neptune, NJ 07753