Cardiology Consultants of Toms River, P.A. recently joined Barnabas Health Medical Group, part of Barnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation.
Cardiology Consultants of Toms River has provided comprehensive cardiac services for Ocean County residents for more than 30 years, with two of the practice’s expert cardiologists – Russell J. Cornell, M.D. and Glenn P. Jacobs, M.D. – beginning their tenure there in 1980.
With locations in Toms River and Whiting, Cardiology Consultants’ team of five cardiologists and professional staff members offer an array of cardiac diagnostic and treatment services, from routine, non-invasive diagnostic tests like EKGs, stress tests and carotid ultrasound to state-of-the-art interventional procedures like cardiac catheterizations, stent placement and angioplasty, as well as EECP therapy for the non-surgical treatment of angina and heart failure. The practice also offers cardiovascular consultations to address specific concerns such as chest pain, coronary artery disease, hypertension and more.
Cardiology Consultants’ Whiting office location is an ICANL-accredited nuclear cardiology laboratory equipped to perform nuclear tests to help diagnose coronary artery disease, evaluate cardiomyopathy, identify possible damage to the heart and assess the overall strength and function of the heart.
Cardiology Consultants is the medical practice of an expert team of physicians:
- Richard Y. Chang, D.O., a fellowship-trained interventional cardiologist board certified in internal medicine, cardiology, interventional cardiology and nuclear cardiology;
- Kevin F. Clancy, M.D., F.A.C.C., past chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Community Medical Center, a fellowship-trained cardiologist board certified in internal medicine with subspecialty certification in cardiovascular medicine;
- Russell J. Cornell, M.D., F.A.C.P, F.C.C.P., chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Community Medical Center, board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases and nuclear cardiology with subspecialty training in cardiology;
- Glenn P. Jacobs, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.C., past director of Cardiac Services at Community Medical Center, fellowship trained in cardiology and board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease;
- Sanjiv Sobti, M.D., F.A.C.P, F.A.C.C., fellowship trained in interventional cardiology and cardiology and board certified in internal medicine.
The practice’s affiliation with Barnabas Health offers patients access to comprehensive cardiac resources available through Community Medical Center in Toms River and Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit www.barnabashealthmedicalgroup.org or call the Toms River office, located at 368 Lakehurst Road, Suite 301 at 732-240-1048 or the Whiting office, located at 63-C Lacey Road at 732-350-3350.
About the Barnabas Health Medical Group
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of Barnabas Health the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence. For more information, visit www.barnabashealthmedicalgroup.org.
About Barnabas Health
Barnabas Health is the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, with more than two million patient visits and delivery of more than 17,600 babies annually. The system includes six acute care hospitals, two children’s hospitals, a freestanding behavioral health center, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, pharmacy services, a medical group and three accountable care organizations. As the second-largest private employer in New Jersey, Barnabas Health includes 18,200 employees and 4,600 physicians – or one-fifth of the actively practicing physicians in New Jersey. Barnabas Health is a proud founding partner of the 2014 Special Olympics, which will take place in New Jersey June 14 to 21. For more information, visit www.BarnabasHealth.org.