On Thursday, October 10, 2013, Ocean Medical Center will
once again host its Girls’ Night Out from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The annual women’s wellness celebration will include interactive panel discussions to address various health topics, health screenings, educational information, chair massages, hand and nail treatments, shopping, demonstrations, and door prizes.
Tours of the Women’s Imaging Pavilion will be offered, with the opportunity to meet the friendly staff members who perform mammograms and diagnostic breast procedures. Onsite scheduling for mammogram and bone density appointments will be available.
Guests can choose to attend various lectures and discussions, which include:
· 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Navigating Your Breast Health: Understanding Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment with breast imager Lance Dillon, M.D., breast surgeon Denise Johnson-Miller, M.D., oncologist William Lerner, M.D., and nurse navigator Angela Fay
· 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Physicial Changes as You Age with internal medicine physician Elizabeth Salcedo, M.D. and urologist Mark Perlmutter, M.D.
· 6:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Keeping on the Move: Women and Joint Replacement with family medicine physician Cynthia Genovese, M.D. and orthopedic surgeon Nader Hebela, M.D.
· 6:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. The Latest in Breast Reconstruction and Augmentation with plastic surgeon Russell Ashinoff, M.D.
· 7:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. Don’t Miss a Beat: Managing Good Heart Health with internal medicine physician Diane Verga, M.D.
· 7:30 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery Options with surgeon Anil Pahuja, M.D.
The free health screenings include balance, blood pressure, bone densitometry, and colorectal cancer. Meridian Health’s Clinical Research Department will also be enrolling women interested in participating in a breast cancer research study that examines factors related to the early development of breast cancer. Healthy volunteers and women with a history of breast cancer are eligible to participate.
Additionally, local businesses will be on site to offer complimentary services such as hand and nail treatments, Reiki, chair massage, and shopping vendors will feature kitchen goods, bags, accessories, jewelry, books, chocolates, and more.
The event is free and pre-registration is encouraged by calling 1-800-DOCTORS. Walk-ins welcome. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. Free parking is available. Ocean Medical Center is located at 425 Jack Martin Boulevard, Brick.