As we look ahead to November’s elections, Brick Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the municipal, county and federal candidates we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Ocean County Freeholders: Freeholders John C. Bartlett, Jr. and Gerry P. Little (both R), are running for re-election against Democrats George Cevasco and Bonnie Verga, as well as independents Scott Neuman of Toms River and Tracy Caprioni of Brick.
- Ocean County Sheriff: Longtime incumbent William Polhemus (R) faces Democrat Bob Armstrong and independent candidate John McMenamin.
- 3rd Congressional District: U.S. Rep. Jon Runyan (R) will run for re-election against Shelley Adler.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.